Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Peace and Quiet

The title of this entry is something that I never have at school. As I'm writing this our lunch lady, otherwise known as Grandma, is screaming at a student to get out of the kitchen. There are at least ten extremely loud students at the security desk across the hall. It's always like this. Loud. My teaching voice sounds like a yell to the average person, especially those I encounter after work when I have errands to run. To those people I apoligize because I haven't quite turned off my teaching voice and they probably think I'm a bitch who just yells at everyone. In reality I have to talk LOUD to make myself heard even just a little. The students here are LOUD people by personality. Whispering in class to them is really talking in a normal speaking voice. Top this normal occurance with the noise in the cafeteria every hour right outside my door and you get the idea. My teaching voice is LOUD and peace and quiet don't exist.

No comments: