Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Break sucks

Break sucks. I am completely over the idea of it. I just want to get back to school and finish up yet another shitty year. Don Bosco as an organization blows hard. I sat through a board meeting on Monday, of which I'm certain my being there was not expected. During the principal report staffing was supposed to be talked about and in the end all that was said was, "and we had to cut staff....." And that was it. I will say I do feel loved and cared for though because of the other staff members. I feel like I have total support from them and I feel like Don Bosco is going to go down in the fiery pits of hell because of the recent cuts.

I feel silly saying that Catie and I lost our jobs because of personal issues the principal has with us. It seems like I'm covering for something, but I'm not. I really truly feel like I was let go because first and foremost I'm young and I'm white and our principal isn't either of those things. Secondly, I think she dislikes the fact that Catie and I being young have bonded with the students and once again our principal has not. I'm obviously not going to pursue this accusation in a court of law. But I really do think and believe I don't have a job for next year solely based on my age and race.

I am looking forward to the rest of this year. After my meeting last Friday, I could tell, along with everyone else, that the climate at Don Bosco is changing. Not a single person wasn't mad about Catie and I being asked not to come back. In fact it was voiced by many other staff members. It's going to be an interesting rest of the year for sho.

No comments: