Thursday, February 12, 2009

Action packed week

The title of this blog really doesn't describe my week at all. Tuesday I drove down Independence Ave to find it completely blocked off right after my turn my police tape and half a dozen cop cars. There was a shooting a couple hours before school started. Supposedly there had been a domestic disturbance call made and when the cops showed up a man came at them with a machete. He refused to drop it so they shot him and when he tried to run away after that they tasered him. The rest of the day was fairly uneventful. I did have a "problem" child decide to walk out 4th hour after he couldn't get a pass, which is nothing new btw. When he decided to come back I lost it slightly only because I have had to write him up four times in the past five weeks. Lucky me though when I tried to call someone, anyone, no one answered. It was extremely irritiating.

I'm supposed to be on metal detector duty this week and have refused to go. I hate metal detector duty. I hate the idea of policing students and going through their things. So I don't do it.

Wednesday meeting was spent coming up with new contract terms, but I apparently missed the most explosive meeting ever. I think everyone has finally snapped and is really, truly tired of being told we're crappy teachers. I just wish I had been in meeting.

No comments: